Monday, April 4, 2016

Life's purpose

The bible states that God has a purpose for us and we live to fulfil this purpose.
To some it may seem horrifying that they do not have a say in their life while to others it is a relief as they are not needed to make any decisions, thinking that everything is fixed since the start of time.

“But I have raised you up for this very purpose, that I might show you my power and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth” - Exodus 9:16.

The truth is that though we all have a God determined purpose, our actions do matter and our choices do change our Life.
I do not dare to profess to know what is the overarching purpose of my Life but somehow, I have always known what it is that I want out of my Life.
My goals in Life is something that I look forward to fulfilling, how I do it will somehow affect the people around me.
I can choose to focus on those who are important to me, or on myself; and I have found that focusing on others brings greater benefit and joy to myself.
My reward is to meet my goal and then to get more out of it then I have anticipated originally.

“The purposes of a person’s heart are deep waters, but one who has insight draws them out” - Proverbs 20:5

Only when we are free to pursue what it is in our hearts, can we find solutions to resolve the chains that bind us. It does not matter what opportunities present themselves to you.
When you are unable to meet up to the challenge and lack the skills or confidence to overcome your problems, you often find yourself dejected and fearful.
The truth is that there is nothing to fear of making mistakes and amends. Nor do I mean that we forget about things that have passed and mistakes that are made and focus only on what is to come.
I think that it is equally important to focus on the future as well as making sure that any mistake that is made is properly amended and accounted for before we move on to the next part of our life. It make not be always possible, so it is important to set a deadline to complete our own review of what has happened.

So how does that come up to finding our purpose in our Life?

By committing ourselves to working towards our goals, undergoing experiences and reviewing our past will ultimately lead us to the answer of what our purpose in Life in.

The bible says that the purpose of Man is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever.

Now you may ask, so what about the purpose of those murderers or evil despots? Are what they do, also part of God’s purpose?

Unfortunately yes.

If we do not know what is wrong, we will not know what is right.
Just like the two sides of a coin, they are different and essential.
A coin with a single face is a fraud, useless and without value.
So who are we to insist that everything must be perfect and good?
So too is our purpose and our journey to find it.

For some, we find out our purpose early, while for others it is only evident at the end of our life.
What is important is not about knowing our exact purpose, what is important is to live our Life as fully as we can, to seek to improve ourselves and people about us and to continue to live according to what is good and true.


Then I think we will finally see the results of our work and finally be able to clearly view what our God determined purpose really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment