Wednesday, September 7, 2016

The Lord not Idols – Isaiah 44:19

Perhaps I have too much time and space in my hands, I cannot stop thinking about things that could be, things that ought to be, and the myriad things that I wish it to be.

I can understand if one is to be driven away from their origin and bow to idolatry.

I confess that I have many times and have ever entertained the thought of going for the easy way out, and commit my actions to knowingly do all the wrong things, if only to get a better chance.

I confess that the urges are great, and I have often fallen prey to the thought of wanting something more or something better. That I am often taken to swoon-worthy heights and crash on to the hard ground called reality all too often.

To get onto your knees and bow in supplication is surprisingly easy to do. There is nothing that cannot be done, and there is no money that is not to be spent. Perhaps it is guilt or desperation. That things that can be solved by money are simple problems. Perhaps, I want to make the problems that seem insurmountable disappear all at once, and that it got all my troubles away even for a short while.

So we bow, and grovel with the hope that all these actions will make things better. Soetimes it does, and others it does not; but when it does, we believe more in the action, and when it does not, we think that the same action must be repeated with more reverence and in greater quantity, for it to finally succeed.

The Lord not Idols – Isaiah 44:19

19 No one stops to think,
no one has the knowledge or understanding to say,
“Half of it I used for fuel;
I even baked bread over its coals,
I roasted meat and I ate.
Shall I make a detestable thing from what is left?
Shall I bow down to a block of wood?”

When we are lost, and the future is all murky. We are desperate to find and grasp any tiny streak of hope.

We sometimes forget that we have within ourselves the ability to make small changes so that we may perhaps overcome our problems.

If one method is not working, then we have to try another. The future is never certain, what is certain is if we do not allow for sufficient time and effort, and consult a wisdom, then history of our Lives will be written forever by another’s hand.

What now seems to be inutile may in the future be the grain that tips the scales in our favour.

I cannot give up, and I must remember that the Lord is there for me, and I must move along with his Grace. The trails that I encounter will make me a better person, and Life has to still be lead.
 
https://www.studylight.org/commentary/isaiah/44-19.html
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah+44%3A19&version=KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment