Thursday, July 7, 2016

What to fear in old age

Fear.

I have some many things to fear.
The fear of poverty, the fear of aging, the fear of dieing, the fear of looking unattractive, of being sickly, of being alone.

God says do not fear,
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." (Deuteronomy 31:6)

I am trying to be strong, and learning to be courageous.
It is tiring, I try and try, and I keep failing, and falling.
The pressure is intense and I keep getting told that I am not performing.

The meals that I eat and the water that I drink. I am just being put down and stepped upon.

Is it that I don't have the skills, or the ability?

God, I am trying and trying. Going for lessons, practicing, and doing. My heart is bleeding and my skin feels raw, my entire body aches. There is no one to listen to my woes.

God, what do I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment